Sunday, December 2, 2007

Finally found a bit of time!

National Day weekend in the UAE which means a four-day weekend and a chance to do a bit of work. Had a look at Janet's blog and realised I really need to get moving.
Over the last couple of days I've been working on adding to my facilitated page on Hot Potatoes. Took over this page frodm Philip. One this course in particular, it feels like I'm preaching to the converted. It also seems a bit simplistic. Other pages seem a lot more technical and advanced. But I suppose it might be useful to someone somewhere.
I was happy to see a couple of people added to or commented on the page pretty quickly.
I made a small contribution to Janet's page on grammar and punctuation errors, an area I'm ore comfortable in than emerging technologies. Hopefully that situation will have changed by the end of this course!

This course has been a bit of a rollercoaster so far. I'm extremely interested in the topic, and it's more than relevant in my work. I was so impressed with the Elluminate session last week that I immediately asked the edtech supervisor if I could trial it with students. No go unfortunately, but the potential is huge. It's the audio/voice aspect that is particularly appealing. My students are very oral, and for the most part lack confidence in writing. The chat facility in Blackboard doesn't appeal to them because they prefer speaking to writing (particularly typewriting.) Still fingers crossed the audio chatroom will become an option for them soon.

But it's hard to squeeze it all in. Very behind in the reading and starting to panic! Got a Greek test on Tuesday - not revised at all.

More tomorrow.

No comments: