Sunday, December 30, 2007

Recording session 2 and editing

After a busy weekend spent writing and re-writing scripts to make sure they meet the exam specs, I got a few more recordings done today. Usually I like to get the scripts to the speakers a day beforehand so that have a bit of time to familiarise themselves, but today we had a couple of speakers reading 'blind', so to speak. But surprisingly few fluffs, which meant very little editing was required in Audacity. I haven't organised the PD sessions yet (I think I'm kind of hoping everyone will forget!)

Got a bit more of my kG pages done today. The Musings page is taking up a lot of time, but it seems to be the only way I absorb what I'm reading. As I type up comments (and I'm quite a slow typist!), I seem to have time to process the information and I'm trying to connect it to my own context as much as possible. I haven't really promoted the page, other than to put it in the shoutbox, because I'm not sure anyone would be interested in my incoherent ramblings.

Things are going slowly on the Hot Potatoes page. Unfortunately, the keyboard on my laptop got possessed by some demon at the weekend and started throwing random letters all over the page. I thought I'd found all the gremlins dotted over the page yesterday, but found a couple more this morning. Just sudden strings of sdfsdf 123123 fgdgd appearing out of the blue. Needless to say my laptop's with the technician right now, so I have to get all my usq stuff done at work.

Anyway, that's enough. I'm off to a hen night!

No comments: