Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Successful Wimba session at last!

I suppose you could say third time lucky! The 3rd Wimba session seemed to go very smoothly compared to session 1 and session 2. I didn't get thrown out once! The sound quality was ok, apart from when people were displaying videos. I feel a bit guilty because the Ed Tech department has been asking me to feed back on these sessions as they are considering buying the Wimba software. They've already ruled out Elluminate due to cost. But I haven't been very positive about old Wimba at all. I'll have to make sure I pass the new info on. In fact, I might get the Ed Tech supervisor to listen in on the recording if he's got time.
Another more positive aspect of the session is that I'm getting more comfortable on the microphone, and I think I pulled my weight in this session more than in the previous. Still haven't got brave enough for the webcam though. That poor gadget has been clipped redundantly to the top of my screen for months now. Basically, I'm very camera shy. Bit of a nightmare being bridesmaid at my sister's wedding - no escape and I hated every minute of it.
I'm not sure when the next online tutorial is. Will I be brave enough by then!

No comments: